Friday, June 27, 2008

missing god who was my friend

This is strange to write about, but I woke up in the middle of the night thinking that I might believe in god again. Not a moralistic god. Not white bearded god who looks down from the clouds and is overly concerned about my genitals. Not god who loves at gunpoint.

Maybe I am just far away enough from allofthatcrap to start reimagining god again, as someone I could actually (/could actually want to) believe in. Just god who listens, just god of peace and acceptance. I don't think this god is someone I could share (hide it under a bushel--yes--), having godiknow grow paler against all the strange claims about theonetruegod.

I don't know. It would be nice.

2 comments:

  1. i've felt similarly - in waves - this past year. it is something i've hardly been able to express, even to myself. but i find my thoughts/desires tending toward...something again. unlike past times, i am unsure if it is something i will ever be able to speak about, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a thing. It felt unrelated, and well, blog posts are supposed to be on topic. It did start on topic, but then it wandered. It wandered like this...

    Can we all go somewhere and pretend we are not us?

    ReplyDelete